Monday, January 31, 2011

Come right on in 2011, not that you need an invitation.


This was what went through my mind on remembering the last day of 2010:


"What a way to spend the last day of the year. With a neck ache and a high chance of getting scorched by falling debris, BUT standing directly under a shower of HUGE fireworks was totally worth it. Magical even. Wave after wave of amazingly beautiful colored chemicals exploding right in front of our eyes, so close you'd think you could almost touch it and some did apparently cause I did hear a few screeches followed by some people madly stamping about. I didn't want it to end. "


Honestly it was a nice way to spend the night. What I initially wanted was to hide at home, watch a DVD or some new years special or something and avoid the crowds. But I'm the type to just go with the flow, so when I was asked to join some friends to go to The Curve to see the fireworks, what else, I said ok lah. It ended up pretty cool too.


Quote of the moment: Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.- Albert Einstein


Song of the moment: Simon & Garfunkle - The Only Living Boy in New York

No comments: